"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Magic in Pixels

This week's featured blog is The Magic in Pixels by Tim Divine. I really like this site there are loads of beautiful pictures. Mr. Divine is also associated with the Magical Definition Podcast. Forms are for members to share photos and tips for taking great pictures. Tim has also written some great articles for the newbies (like me) and those looking to move their photography to a new level. There are some wonderful pictures here. Over 1,000,000 since 1/1/08! This is one you will want to take some time at. I love to go when I need a little magic. I wrote to Tim and here are his replies to my questions.


"The Magic in Pixels is a site dedicated to Disney Theme Park Photography that features the galley of Tim Devine, unofficial Disney Park Photographer. The Magic in Pixels offers photos, a Disney photography forum that welcomes photographers of all skills levels, a shop where fans can purchase 8x10 and 16x20 prints of their favorite work from the site, and the occasional photography article designed to help teach some of the points of photography. The forum is set up so other people can post photos of their own, and to help teach beginners and answer whatever questions they might have."


1. Why did you start a blog? or why Disney?

I was first introduced to blogging as a communication form in 2005 by an artist in San Diego who used a blog as a format to showcase and sell his artwork. I started Tim Devine's Disney Photo Blog as a boredom project (honestly) and as a way to have a little chunk of cyberspace to call my own. As the blog became more popular and the feedback kept coming in, I wanted to have my very own site to showcase my Disney photos and hopefully bring a little magic to those who can't go as often as they would like. In June of 2006, The Magic in Pixels debuted and has been growing and growing ever since. I chose Disney as a way to showcase my photos because I have all been a fan of the parks and know how emotional a subject they are for people.


2. Do you have a blog that inspired you?

I enjoy Grumpy's Hollow, ImagiNerding, 2719 Hyperion. Although not a blog, I also really enjoy HauntedDimensions.com, TellNoTales.com, DisneyWorldTrivia.com, MagicalMountain.net, HiddenMickeysGuide.com, and AllEarsNet.com.


3. Is there anyone in the Disney community that inspired you to get started or whom you admire?

I have always respected the work of Steve Barrett, Deb Wills, and Lou Mongello. I am proud to consider all of them personal friends of mine.


4. What sites do you read each day?

The Magic in Pixels of course! I also read Grumpy's Hollow, Magical Mountain, AllEarsNet, ImagiNerding, 2719 Hyperion and a few others as often as possible. It may not be every day, but I try to visit regularly.


5. What impact has it had on your life?

I never thought that my photos would have such an impact on so many of the fans. I truly am humbled and honored when someone emails or comes up to me in the parks or at an event and mentions who much they like my work. I still get goosebumps when I hear that kind of thing - it really validates all of the time that goes into the site. I love making other people happy and have a blast being able to do that.


6. Do your 'real world' friends know that you are a Disney blogger?

Oh yeah and I catch lots of grief for it but I think they appreciate what I do because they know how much passion and energy goes into keeping the site running and fresh.


7. Is there anything else that you would like for our readers to know?

I really love hearing feedback from folks who enjoy my site and encourage anyone to feel free to send me an email. If there is something that anyone wants that they can't find on the site, all they have to do is email me and I will be happy to try to help out. I would also like to thank God and my wife and son for making it possible to have this "second identity" in which I can leave reality and live in a fantasy world a little bit every day.

No comments: