Today's site, I will admit is more than a little controversial. Epcot82, the author, feels very strongly that Epcot has gone wrong. While I do not share this opinion, I think some of his ideas are worth a look. I'll let you decide for yourself.
When I contacted, Epcot82 here is what he had to say, "I started my site in February 2006, and last June was ready to pack it in ... but with the lack of a 25th anniversary of Epcot, and with continued (I feel) creative deterioration at my favorite park, I started it up again. I live in California and am a former longtime Disney employee from Burbank. Therefore, I try to remain anonymous, though nearly a decade at Disney left me with some insight into the changes at the company that have led us to where we are now.
From the standpoint as both an investor and a fan, I continue to be disappointed with Disney. Sure, in the 1950s and 1960s, Disney attempted to reach teens and pre-teens with shows like "The Mickey Mouse Club" and "The Wonderful World of Disney" and with "pop sensations" like Annette Funicello. But at the same time, Walt Disney insisted the company never do the same thing over and over, and that resulted in concurrent projects like "Mary Poppins," "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," Disneyland and WED Enterprises, which were extraordinary developments. I believe Disney COULD invest its money more wisely into projects that pay dividends in years, not in "quarters."
So, I continue! So far, I've seen a high of about 500 people a day come to the site, and even when I wasn't writing there were people who continued to e-mail me and visit. On an average day, a couple of dozen readers from Disney.com domains (meaning internal Disney) visit the site in California and Florida. I've seen readers from as far away as India, Indonesia, Norway and Russia. I'm pleased with the response I've had!"
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Main Street Mom is the chief author of the popular Daily Dose of Disney emails sent to members of the
No comments:
Post a Comment