Yesterday, Jason Bazinet, a Citi Investment Research analyst, downgraded Disney’s stocks to “sell” status. He stated that concerns with the economy, fewer people traveling to the theme parks and Disney lowering room rates were the reasons for the downgrade. After this report came out, Marketwatch.com reported that Disney stocks dropped. I haven’t heard of any lower room rates here but I will keep my eyes open. I will say that I read (and I’m sorry now cannot find the link) that the WDW Hotels were operating at 97% capacity for the last several months which doesn’t sound like a decrease in theme park attendees but I am not a financial analyst. (If anyone can find that statistic please send it to me and I will post for all.)
Disney-ABC Domestic Television has teamed up with director Sam Raimi (American Gothic, The Evil Dead and the Spiderman Movies) to develop Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series for TV. The plan is for the series to premiere in the Fall 2008 season. There was no word on how the writers strike might effect the development of show. Episodes will be self contained, not an ongoing story i.e. Lost, and have been described as something akin to Zena Warrior Princess. Hmmm...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Main Street Mom is the chief author of the popular Daily Dose of Disney emails sent to members of the
No comments:
Post a Comment