"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Very Little News Today but Isn’t High School Hard Enough?

There is virtually no Disney news today but through an odd set of circumstances I happened to watch America’s Prom Queen on ABC Family. I will admit that I am one of those people who wouldn’t re-live high school if my life depended on it and this was worse than high school. There were some nice elements, charity prom dresses, encouraging girls to work together and the one girl with a clear fashion miss was not picked on but the rest of it was torture to watch let alone imagine any young person participating in it. The most disappointing element was that the one girl who displayed “mean” behavior (apparently what they were supposed to be judged on) was not the one picked to go home but the one who did not have a “perky enough personality” was the one who was out. If anyone watched this and “got it” I would love to hear from you because I was really confused. The word on this is, skip it.

No comments: