"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Diznews: 8.20.08 - Tropical Storm Fay and DisFriends To Disband

Tropical Storm Fay Edition

As I am writing this it is after midnight in Florida and the eye of the storm has passed to the southeast of Orlando. Residents are still under a Tornado warning until 1 am and there are high winds and flooding concerns. According to the Orlando Sentinel only Sea World and Aquatica closed early on Tuesday. From everything I have read, the storm has been relatively mild with some storm damage and a few injuries to intrepid surfers.

DisFriends to Disband

DisFriends, the Disney online social networking site, announced today that it will be disbanding as of October first. The owner of this neat little site stated that it has become to difficult to continue to run it, siting personal reasons and difficulty with the their ISP. I hope that people might offer suggestions of great online communities for people to join. If you have a site that you would like to recommend to others in the group please drop me a line and I’ll post your comments.

No comments: