"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Muppets are Comming....Back!

The New York Times is reporting that the Muppets are making a comeback!

I for one can't wait. I love The Muppets in all forms, the classic crew struggling to put on a show, Fraggles and the bunch from Sesame Street.

According to the article, Disney is looking to place the Muppets in every pop culture nook and cranny. They are getting a Christmas Special, their own channel on Disney.com and a new movie in 2010. Having had the oppotunity to watch the old Muppet Shows via DVD, I wonder if Disney has thought about just brining back the old show. Not the Disney Channel version, Studio DC, but the original - wacky guests and weird dance numbers. There is something so charming and nostalgic about the show. The munchkin loves old episodes and focusing on one guest star would give them a chance to shine. Kind of like Saturday Night Live for kids? What do you think?

No comments: