"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday - Daily Dose of Disney 2.3.09

DizNews: Wall-E Snubbed, Space Watch and Kim Possible Adventure Report...

Wall-E Snubbed at Annie Awards

The annual “Annie Awards” took place last weekend and despite being up for many nominations, Wall-E was shut out. King Fu Panda swept the awards. This is surprising given voters past loyalty to Pixar and Panda’s fair but not stellar reviews. For a full list of winners go here.

Space Watch...
WDWMagic.com is reporting that the projected Space Mountain refurb dates will be April 19 through November 19, 2009. While this is a projected end dated, I wouldn’t book your tickets yet. Tomorrowland Transit Authority will be closed from April 19 through August 19, 2009 as part of the Space Mountain Refurbishment.

Finally, a Kim Possible Adventure

One of our members, Jud, has sent me a full account of his Kim Possible Adventure:
(28 Jan) I was issued a special cell phone and it serves as the "guide" for the adventure and by following its directions and pushing the go button (for next) when the existing instruction was completed, it gave the next instruction. It took about 20 minutes for me to finish my adventure in Norway and as I had theorized when I first heard about this, it served as a means to explore the country's pavilion a bit more than one normally might. I like it and think it is a good idea! Not only something to do, but something with a point: like Walt said, educate them while you entertain. I checked and discovered that there was an adventure for 7 of the 11 countries represented in World Showcase, and I headed over to France to check in at the station near there and do France, a pavilion I have poorly explored. That was even better, moving you more about the location and seeing some things otherwise missed. Also, in both countries there were some really neat effects hidden away from the uninformed eye! I would say this one is a hit and is going to become very in-demand!

(29 Jan) As with every other adventure I have done for Kim, [the England Adventure] was simple enough, but fun and gave a good interaction with areas in the country's pavilion that might otherwise get overlooked. This is going to be big, very big! World Showcase is going to become the place for kids (and big ones too!) and going to take a lot more time! There are currently 7 adventures in 7 countries. Each adventure takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
And the direct album link is here.


Trivia Teaser: The Tomorrowland Transit Authority has gone by three names at the Walt Disney World Resort, which of the following is not one of them?

a. The Blue Line
b. People Mover
c. TTA
d. Tomorrowland Super Skyway


Previous Teaser Answer: How many lift hills are there on Splash Mountain the ride?

Three


World Wide Disney: Donald Duck’s Family Tree


WDW Weather: Sunny. High of 58 F.


Disneyland Weather: Sunny. High of 81 F.

No comments: