Our Small Disney World got a little smaller yesterday as the
Disney Community lost two wonderful Imagineers: Randy
Pausch and Harriet Burns.
Harriet Burns was the first female Imagineer and an inspiration
to women everywhere. She excelled in a profession that was
largely made up of men, and still is to a lesser extent. I bet many
of today's female Imagineers would say she paved the way. She
worked on the 1964 World’s Fair, Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty
Castle, the Haunted Mansion and designed all of the singing birds
for the Enchanted Tiki Room.
Here is a link to her Disney Legends page.
Scott Wolf’s Tribute to Harriet
Rebeka’s Blog on LaughingPlace.com also has a nice tribute.
My heart broke a little yesterday when I heard that Randy Pausch
had passed. I truly felt was one of us, like I knew him, a Disney Geek
who "made it." His Last Lecture made me think, inspired me and left
me in awe that he could be so positive in the face of something so
nasty. Below are links for a few of the many tributes on the web. I have
also included the link to his wonderful “Last Lecture”
Blue Sky Disney’s Tribute including several photographs.
Dozen Flours is a cooking site having nothing to do with Disney but
I like Julia’ recipes so I keep an eye on this site. It touched my heart
that she named a cookie recipe after Dr. Pausch
Dr. Pausch’s Last Lecture
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Main Street Mom is the chief author of the popular Daily Dose of Disney emails sent to members of the
No comments:
Post a Comment