"Laughter is America's most important export." - Walt Disney

Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday - Daily Dose of Disney 12.29.08

DizNews:

Hi all! I hope that you all have survived the holidays and are taking a day or two to catch your breath. Truthfully, I expect things to be quiet this week at the Mouse so I thought, in addition to what little news there is, we would include a few interesting bits.


G-force Trailer

G-force trailer to premier today. Check out this site today to see the (not released at the time of this writing) trailer for this upcoming summer movie. How can you go wrong with hamsters?


Still Dreaming of the Castle Suite?

Disney has announced that they will continue to grant the wish/dream of staying overnight in the castle through 2009. It has been billed by Disney as a “prize for special promotions”. I don’t have the details as to what those promotions are at this point but I will share once I find out. If anyone has details please pass them along.


Candlelight Processional Narrators Reminisce

Here’s a link to a fun video of Candlelight Processional narrators sharing their favorite Christmas memories.


Finally, 90 Day Dining Reservation Bookings

Disney has made a number of, in my opinion, much needed changes to their dining reservation system. The most important of which is that they have shrunk the booking window for reservations to 90 days. While this is still quite a bit out, I think that this may help with planning for a lot of people. The exceptions to this change are grand gatherings reservations as well as Cirque du Soleil tickets.



Trivia Teaser: Which Imagineer is honored with Harper’s Mill on Tom Sawyer Island named after him?



Previous Teaser Answer: What is the name of the Safari Company that is running the safari where the gorillas have ransacked the camp on the Jungle Cruise?

WED Safari can been seen on one of the crates that the Gorillas have “unpacked”. WED Enterprises is Walt Disney Imagineering.



World Wide Disney: The latest BUZZ at BlueSky Disney. When Honor Hunter writes the rest of us listen. This update is mostly about the DCA rehab with a bit about the parks in Tokyo and Hong Kong.



WDW Weather: Sunny. High of 79 F.

Disneyland Weather: Sunny. High of 70 F.

No comments: